Setting up Multifactor Authentication for your Microsoft 365 Account
- Login using your provided username and password at https://portal.office.com and click Next.
- Click Next when prompted for more information.
- The next screen will begin the setup of your Authenticator App. If you have not downloaded the app on your mobile phone, please use the following links or QR Codes to do so now;
For Android Phones - Microsoft Authenticator – Apps on Google Play
For Apple iPhones - Microsoft Authenticator on the App Store (apple.com)
- After downloading the app, click Next.
- Launch the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone. If prompted to allow notifications, please allow them.Then Add an Account, choose Work or School account, and choose Scan QRCode
- On your computer, click “Next”
- Scan the QR Code that displays on the screen with your phone. Your account will then be displayed in the Authenticator App.
- On your computer, click Next
- A notification will be sent to your smartphone. Click Approve.
- On your computer, click Next.
- Enter your country and phone number. Ensure that Text me a code is selected, and click Next.
- Enter the code texted to your phone number and click Next
- If successful, you will receive the following message. Click Next to continue.
- Click Done. Now you are set up for Multi-Factor Authentication and Self-Service Password Resets.