- Your computer must be connected to a power outlet.
- You should have a backup of your data in an external storage device if your files were not backed up on the local hard disk of your computer.
- You must have restarted your computer after resetting your computer using the Reset and update option and the SupportAssist Recovery Assistant must have finished updating Dell drivers and other software updates.
NOTE Restoring data by using SupportAssist Recovery Assistant is supported only on certain Dell system models. For the list of system models where this feature is available, see the Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery Support Matrix on the SupportAssist OS Recovery documentation page.
About this task
After you reset your computer using the Reset and update option, you can restore your data from the external storage device by using the SupportAssist Recovery Assistant.
- Click Restore or Retrieve More Files in SupportAssist Recovery Assistant.
The Restore Data page is displayed.
- If you backed up your data on an external storage device, connect the external storage device to your computer and follow the remaining steps in this section. If your data was backed up on the local hard disk of your computer, skip steps 3, 4, and 5.
- Click Browse beside Select archive.
- Go to the external device folder where the files and folders are backed up, select that folder, and then click OK.
The contents of the selected folder are displayed.
- Depending on your requirement, perform one of the following:
- To restore all the files, click Select All.
- To restore specific files, scroll through the list of the files and select the files that you want to restore.
- Click Browse beside Select a destination.
- Go to the folder on the local drive where you want to save the files, select that folder, and then click OK.
- Click Extract.
The data restoration process begins, and it may take several minutes to complete.
- Click Done to go back to the SupportAssist Recovery Assistant home page after the restoration process is complete.
Original Link: Dell support Assist OS Recovery Guide