How to Enroll Android Device into MDM with Intune Company Portal
Here are instructions to installing Intune on an android device. Please make sure you are on the latest OS.
- Tap Home > Play Store.
- Search for and install Intune Company Portal.
- When prompted about app permissions, tap ACCEPT.
- Next enroll the device
During enrollment, you might be asked to choose a category that best describes how you use your device. Your company support uses your answer to check the apps that you have access to.
- Open the Company Portal app and sign in with your work or school account.
- If you're prompted to accept your organization's terms and conditions, tap ACCEPT ALL.
- Review what to expect in the upcoming steps. Tap ACCEPT ALL, then CONTINUE. Lastly tap NEXT.
- Depending on your version of Android, you might be prompted to allow access to certain parts of your device. These prompts are required by Google and not controlled by Microsoft.
Tap Allow for the following permissions:
Activate the device admin app.
- Company Portal needs device administrator permissions to securely manage your device. Activating the app lets your organization identify possible security issues, such as repeated failed attempts to unlock your device, and respond appropriately.
- On the Company Access Setup screen, check that your device is enrolled. Then tap CONTINUE.
- Your organization might require you to update your device settings. Tap RESOLVE to adjust a setting. When you're done updating settings, tap CONTINUE.
- When setup is complete, tap DONE.
Before you try to install a school or work app, go to Settings > Security, and turn on Unknown sources. If you don't turn on this option, you'll see the following message when you try to install an app: "Install blocked. For security reasons, your device is set to block installations of apps obtained from unknown sources." You can tap Settings on the message to go directly to Unknown sources.